Tuesday, November 17, 2009

EDISTO ISLAND - NOTHING LIKE IT

No Clemson home game - that called for a trip to Edisto! Edisto has been calling me for weeks, BUT so has CLEMSON. It is tough to decide when you love both things soooo much. Do you go to the place you love most in the world - Edisto - OR go watch the TIGERS play football?? See the quandry?

The Tigers were not playing at home - So I packed my child (a/k/a black lab named Dolly) in the car and headed to Edisto on Thursday. MG came down on Friday with the Corgi. The island was quiet - got a lot of rest - my wonderful niece was down with Lovey#1 and Lovey#2. My week-end was absolutely wonderful. I had everything I loved the most with me in Edisto....MG, the fur children, Mimi (of course), my sister, THE niece, and Lovey#1 and Lovey#2. All I needed was my best friend Anne. I could not have planned it better.

On the way home Sunday, I stopped at King's Market on Highway 174 and bought the most gorgeous fall wreath for the front door at home. I hung it as soon as I pulled into the driveway Sunday evening. When I look at it, I think of my great week-end and the people I love.





2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

OOH love your wreath! Edisto Island would definitely win out for me!

I can't wait to go get our tree and wreath next week-end!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Edisto is indeed heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned. Glad that you had a restful weekend and found such a gorgeous wreath. I love it! We're headed to the upcountry for the game this weekend. I can hardly believe that this is the last home game. I'm already planning my at home tailgate for the BIG game with THOSE people from Columbia. Looks line one of THEM might be joining us. Hope we don't hurt his feelings too much when we ridicule his coach and team.