Wednesday, August 30, 2006

KAREN FREAKING CARPENTER

When Tater Head was here last week-end, we were outside on the deck looking for the planet Mars. No, we were not looking for little green women, the planet was suppose to be visible during that time beside the moon. For some reason, this made TH think about an old Carpenter's song. Broome, MGB, and I had doubts as to whether this was a Carpenter's tune, but she sang it so much, it got into everyone's wee tiny brains. TH bet me $50.00 that this was a Carpenter's song - you never bet her about music - she will take your money everytime.

The song went something like this "calling occupants of interplanetary craft"....... lyrics sound familiar, but that's it. I get an email from TH this morning, and it reads -

"calling occupants of interplanetary craft, is actually the title of the song.....if only broome had kept her gob shut deborah would been able to fleece harry of 50 bucks!!!!!!"

I just want to know why my dearest friend would want to fleece me as she calls it out of my hard earned money. The money I need to feed my poor starving children and elderly father.

No comments: